Spring is a fantastic time of the year to sell a property. Daffodils start to emerge, gardens “spring” into life, and the sun starts to show its face, which as we all know makes us all feel better.
Data taken from our own website, as well as from Rightmove and Zoopla, show us that more and more people start searching for a new home as we head through Spring.
If you are thinking of selling your home, or you are already in the process of doing so, have a read of the items below. They may just help you move.
- If your house is on the market and has been through the winter months, especially over the Christmas period, do your photographs match the current time of year? I’m talking about those Christmas decorations, the snowy gardens, or worse, the dull, dark, and grey skies that just look plain miserable. If they don’t match the season, then why don’t they? Get in touch with your estate agent to get those new photographs done. New photographs, to engage new viewers and those happy feelings!
- Thinking of selling and wondering whether it’s a good time? I get asked this question all the time, whether it’s during valuation appointments, whilst showing buyers around a potential new home, or if I’m just having a pint down my local, the answer is always the same… Yes, yes, it is a good time. As you are probably aware there has been lots of market changes over recent months however, since Boxing Day we have seen an huge uptake in requests to view properties when you compare it to the weeks and months leading up to Christmas. As the year progresses I can only see this increasing.
- We are currently seeing demand on par with, and possible exceed, supply in most areas. I often say “to be IN the market, you need to be ON the market.
- Can I ask you a question? Have you seen a property that ticks all the boxes for you, i.e. it’s perfect, but when you call the estate agent, they immediately ask you if your house has sold, or that it is already on the market? Some agents will not allow you to view a property if you are not in a position to proceed with a sale. That dream property could be ‘the one that got away’. Would you kick yourself for not getting your house on the market sooner if that was the case. If this has happened to you then I may have something that can help.
- Do you have questions about selling? Need some help or advice? No question is a stupid question but could be the one that puts your mind at ease and gets you in to your dream home. Always ask those questions. You can get me by phone, email, or even WhatsApp!
Basically… Roll on Spring!
Longer days, with lighter evenings, and warmer weather all combine to make us smile which will in turn help you move.